As an Alaska Native Corporation (ANC), we offer a unique, flexible, and streamlined sole source procurement option to our Government customers. Available through all SBA-certified 8(a) subsidiaries within the Bowhead family of companies, sole source contracting with Bowhead provides the Government with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) provisioned methods to maximize performance flexibility, mission continuity, and small business goal achievement.
Key Sole Source Advantages
- A significantly accelerated procurement timeline, without the disruptions and delays resulting from complex evaluations and resulting protests
- Subcontracts awarded to an ANC or Indian tribe shall be counted towards the subcontracting goals for small business and small disadvantaged business (SDB) concerns, regardless of the size or SBA certification status of the ANC or Indian tribe. FAR 19.703 (c)(1)(i)
- Flexibility and reliability through direct negotiations per 13 CFR 124.503, competitive threshold exemptions per 48 CFR 19.805-1, and common management and administrative services between all Bowhead subsidiaries
- Elimination of pre-award schedule risk due to the non-protestable nature of ANC sole source procurements per 13 CFR 124.517
- ANCs – unlike other 8(a) companies – provide the Government with a virtually unlimited sole source ceiling per 48 CFR 6.303-1
Why an Alaska Native Corporation?
- The Government may award sole source contracts to ANC 8(a) companies up to $100M without Justification and Approval (J&A) and more than $100M with J&A, offering an unlimited threshold
- The ceiling for sole source contract awards to a non-ANC 8(a) company is limited to $4M for non-manufacturing and $6.5M for manufacturing contracts
Measured in weeks rather than months, a sole source procurement provides the Government with Bowhead’s high-quality and CPARS-demonstrated performance six times faster than a standard procurement. With open discussions across the procurement process immediately following SBA approval, we offer the ability and expertise to help tailor pre-award requirements for our customers to best achieve their desired post-award outcomes.
Implementation Flexibility & Performance Reliability
ANC sole source procurements provide the Government with numerous advantages in creating agile and scalable contracting solutions by allowing open discussions and direct negotiations at any phase of procurement following SBA approval. Additionally, only tribally-owned corporations such as ANCs can offer sole source procurements protected from protests.
Brings high-quality performance and reliable services to the U.S. federal, state, and local contracting marketplace. All members of the Bowhead family of companies operate as subsidiaries of the Ukpeaġvik Iñupiat Corporation (UIC) and its holding companies: UIC Government Services, LLC (UICGS) and UIC Maintenance and Manufacturing, LLC (UICMM). Our sole source eligible UICGS Bowhead subsidiaries include:
- Bowhead Base Operations
- Bowhead Business and Technology Solutions
- Bowhead Cybersecurity Solutions and Services
- Bowhead Enterprise, Science, and Technology
- Bowhead Manufacturing Technologies
- Bowhead Marine Support Services
- Bowhead Mission Solutions
- Bowhead Operations and Maintenance Solutions
- Bowhead Professional and Technical Solutions, LLC
- Bowhead Program Management and Operations
- Bowhead Total Enterprise Solutions
- Bowhead Turnkey Manufacturing